Precautionary Restrictions against COVID-19 at Myanmar Airports
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak as a global pandemic on 11 March 2020 and called upon governments around the world to scale up their response to contain the pandemic.
The Government of the Union of Myanmar has announced precautionary restrictions to control and minimize the risk of getting infected to the populations of Myanmar. This precaution will include the following measures and will take effect starting from 15 March 2020.
- All incoming foreign nationals who have been in high-risked areas such Hubei Province of the People’s Republic of China, Daegu and Gyeongbuk Regions of the Republic of Korea in the past 14 days will not be permitted for entry into Myanmar until further notice.
- All incoming travellers including Myanmar nationals, who had been in the Republic of Korea outside those high-risked areas in the past 14 days will be subjected to 14-days home quarantine on their arrival in Myanmar.
- All incoming travellers including Myanmar nationals arriving from or having visited Italy, Iran, France, Spain and Germany in the past 14 days shall be subjected to 14-day facility quarantine on their arrival in Myanmar.
- All incoming travellers including Myanmar nationals arriving from or having visited USA, Switzerland, UK, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and Denmark in the past 14 days shall be subject to 14-day facility quarantine on their arrival in Myanmar.
- The Myanmar Government temporarily suspends issuance of Visa on Arrival and E-visa for all countries until 30 Apr 2020.
For more updated information, please visit Ministry of Foreign Affairs Myanmar Website ( https://www.mofa.gov.mm/ )